Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Savannah Photography Workshop

I have recently returned from attending a week long workshop in beautiful Savannah, GA. The workshop titled "Location People I" was taught by The Mindful Eye contributor Bryan Allen. Wow, what a great experience. The people in this class were some of the most encouraging people I have ever worked with. There was so much creative energy in the air. One of my favorite things to do is to be with people who are genuinely hungry and eager to learn.

Everyone in the class was so helpful. A special thanks goes out to Mike Novoseletsky, a fellow Nikon shooter and to Allan Mueller who assisted Bryan. I only got one photo with Mike and Allan in it. Most likely because Mike was standing next me helping understand some of the more advanced flash settings or that Allen was hauling gear and working behind the scenes. Sorry guys, but I want you to know that I'm very thankful for all your help.

Below is a slide show of everyone in the class including my wife Sandra. Sandra was not an official student, but she did help us out by modeling and she shot video of our class throughout the week with her camera.



I'll try to get another post together soon of the some of the interesting people who modeled for us. Comments are welcome and encouraged.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I currently reside in Knoxville, TN, but consider Savannah, GA to be my hometown, although I was neither born nor raised there. You have perfectly captured the essence of life in that hauntingly beautiful city.