Wednesday, November 16, 2011

UTAH: Part 12 The Still Images

Hopefully you have enjoyed watching the short daily videos I've posted about our recent trip to Utah. Those videos were shot with my new Sony Cybershot camera (DSC-HX9V) which I absolutely love and highly recommend.

But we didn't go to Utah to break in the new point and shoot. We went to attempt to capture the vast beauty of the region with our DSLRs. I used my Nikon D300s and primarily shot with the ultra-wide 14-24mm and occasionally with the 70-200mm. (Sandra shot with the D90 with the 18-105mm and occasionally the 70-300mm.) We are both portrait shooters and know little about how to shoot landscapes properly. So we dove in and really challenged ourselves to learn more about how to use our cameras in a very different setting than portrait work.

The scenery was so inspiring and we had so much fun and got some great exercise hiking to our locations. It was so much fun having Sandra by my side shooting too! It was truly a wonderful vacation. We are already talking about next trip! (maybe the California National Parks? ) I've put together a slideshow of my favorite images from each of the places we visited. I recommend you click on the video and change the setting to 1080 HD if your connection will allow it. Also, crank up the speakers and enjoy!

No comments: